The IUS is initiator and part of the German-language CARN network. CARN D.A.CH. sees itself as a subgroup of the Collaborative Action Research Network (CARN) and open to German-speaking members interested in discussing and writing up action research in German. Currently there are participants from Austria, Germany, Switzerland, South Tyrol and the Czech Republic.
CARN D.A.CH organises an annual network meeting in a German speaking country or region. These meetings provide opportunities for the presentation and exchange of research concepts, processes and results. The meetings are designed as symposia within which theories of action research are discussed and research processes reflected upon.
Aims of CARN D.A.CH.
- To network and exchange on topics relevant to action research.
- To negotiate terms, structures, definitions, standards and quality criteria for action research.
- To develop methods of participation, communication, interaction and reflection.
- To increase the visibility of action research in society.
- To offer training and further training in the field of action research.
- To organise joint symposia at conferences.
You can find further information about the international CARN D.A.CH. Network: https://www.carn.org.uk/
CARN D.A.CH activities and meetings
CARND.A.CH. conference, 22. bis 23.1.2021, Universität Klagenfurt, Institut für Unterrichts- und Schulentwicklung zum Thema Aktionsforschung: Geschichte – Gegenwart – Zukunft
CARND.A.CH. conference, 17. – 18.1.2020, Freie Universität Bozen, Fakultät für Bildungswissenschaften, Campus Brixen: DACH VIII Report
CARND.A.CH. conference, 18. – 19.1.2019, Pädagogischen Hochschule Tirol/Innsbruck: CARN_DACH_ConferenceProceedings
CARN-Conference in Dundee was postponend. Further informations https://www.carn.org.uk/updates/carn-conference-2020/